Prem is a nice guy who is totally devoted to his family, says Dheeraj Dhoopar!

 Dheeraj Dhoopar, who replaced Shoaib Ibrahim as Prem in Colors’ Sasural Simar Ka (Rashmi Sharma Telefilms) is happy with the way viewers have responded.

An elated Dheeraj said, “I am getting a good feedback. I accept that it is tough to play a character which has been played by someone else for quite some time. Having said this, what matters at the end is the character”. Speaking how much he struggled to get into the character, he shared, “First of all, I am trying to understand him holistically. I have managed to do that to a great extent and will now play the role of Prem in my own style. Prem is a nice guy who is totally devoted to his family. I am quite similar to him in real life, and it should not be a tough ask to essay this character.”

Coming to the reason behind Shoaib’s exit from the successful daily, Dheeraj stated in a diplomatic manner, “There were rumors that he quit as he was not getting much to do in the narrative. I do not want to comment on this, as he had his personal reasons. I am sure that with time I will get enough ground to showcase my acting abilities. One of the main factors which made me sign this role is that Prem is a loved and popular character in this successful family drama.”

Sharing his experience of working in Sony Entertainment Television’s Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dheeraj said, “It was a matter of great pride to be associated with the well-received mature romanctic show. Although my character of Amar was short-lived, it gained me quite a lot of popularity. I hear that fans are demanding that Amar gets to be seen in the Season 2 of the show.”

Keep up the good work Dheeraj!